Import Commodity Buyer
Wurth Des Moines Bolt is looking for a hardworking and experienced Import Buyer to join our team.
Wurth Des Moines Bolt is looking for a hardworking and experienced Import Buyer to join our team. The right candidate is able to utilize critical thinking to perform daily responsibilities and is able to see how they can have an effect on the businesses’ governing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps to manage the supply chain for seven branches by analyzing changes in usage, lead times, and market index.
- Is capable of balancing the needs of our customers with inventory turn goals. Works closely with Sales to ensure inventory is committed for by customers via stocking agreements to reduce inventory risk and maximize profitability.
- Responsible for understanding market index and utilizing opportunities for cost savings.
- Can recognize opportunities and make recommendations for improvement of productivity and efficiency.
- Assists in the cooperation between Sales, Accounting, and Warehouse Operations for all purchasing related issues. Resolves billing and shipping problems.
- Responsible for compiling requests for quote, comparing pricing, and issuing purchase orders as needed based on supply chain needs. In the import role, is able to compare landed cost of goods between import and domestic pricing.
- Expedites orders. Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively to foster good working relationships.
- Takes a proactive approach to ensure internal and external customers are taken care of.
- Completes responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Familiarity of import buying is required including experience with longer lead times, how to communicate well with overseas suppliers, and a basic knowledge of import documents required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchasing: 3 years (Preferred)