As team member of the product management department you are responsible for the plausibility check for all new items.
As team member of the product management department you are responsible for the plausibility check for all new items. New item review is part of our quote and new product set up process to ensure the highest level of integrity of offers to our customers and consistency and lack of duplication of our product item codes in our information system. Determining all technical requirements in an early stage of development guarantees a quick turnaround of quotes as well as fast and reliable responses from our supplier base and accuracy of product item codes in our information system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data integrity revision to ensure completeness of specifications and drawings
- Examine new items for potential overlap with our existing product range.
- Interact frequently with colleagues from sales, engineering, purchasing and quote departments.
- Validate appropriate tariff codes are assigned to product item codes.
- Fast response time to colleagues.
- Work together with product management departments world-wide to continuously enhance integrity of our common standard part range.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with standard fasteners and per print items
- Excellent ability to read technical drawings
- Engineering technologist/technician degree or strong technical background
- Experience with SAP advantageous
- High level of self-responsibility
- Ability to travel occasionally in order to meet with, work with, give and receive training related to product item code set up and processes; domestically and internationally
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency and well organized.
- Computer skills: Advanced Excel, Working knowledge of other Microsoft Suite products including Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred