Director of New Business Development
The Director of New Business Development, controls, manages, and directs activities of the new business development team within the outside sales force to obtain maximum sales revenue and profitability, while meeting budgetary objectives
The Director of New Business Development, controls, manages, and directs activities of the new business development team within the outside sales force to obtain maximum sales revenue and profitability, while meeting budgetary objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and executes the company’s sales strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Participates on Executive Team to establish, support, and execute short- and long-range strategic business goals.
- Determines and monitors the New Business Development department KPIs.
- Creates and manages sales forecasts and budgets; approves departmental expenditures.
- Oversees and executes pricing strategies.
- Responsible for the New Business Development team within the Outside Sales department. Manages and mentors several employees including Outside Sales Representatives, and Outside Sales Managers.
- Participates in the design of departmental performance management programs, including incentive and compensation plans. Responsible for departmental succession plans.
- Oversees the development of departmental training programs, including those for current employees, high potential employees, and new hires.
- Assists with customer strategy development and complex sales negotiations; attends sales presentations; helps close deals. May also perform the duties of a Sales Manager or Sales Representative, when needed.
- Monitors and ensures that all orders and other customer communications are promptly and accurately handled. Takes appropriate action to resolve customer service problems.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts sales force meetings.
- Responsible for the selection, retention, and deletion of product lines.
- May attend industry shows, conventions and other meetings.
- Collectively responsible as part of the organization to optimize inventory levels from a sales management/forecasting perspective; works with the sales force to communicate liabilities to customers and successfully disposes of customer-responsible excess/obsolete materials.
- Implements projects to improve departmental productivity and efficiency.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree and 10+ Years in Sales Management & Supervisory roles or commensurate combination of education and experience. MBA preferrered.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills along with solid contracting and negotiating skills.
- Advanced selling skills; i.e. consultative selling, issues-based selling, conceptual selling, negotiation, contracts, and deal closing.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees with the ability to gain a high level of confidence from subordinates and a large number of customers.
- Strong presentation and customer service skills.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Assertiveness; a self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent the company in a highly professional manner.
- Must be financially literate and posses business acumen, along with being profit-conscious.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and business ethics, with high personal performance standards and the desire and ability to continuously learn.
- Ability and willingness to travel ( up to 70%), including occasional international travel.