Key Account Manager
Colorado, U.S.A. (Oliver H. Van Horn)
The Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various customer contacts, promoting company products and services, and growing scope within a Key Account.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various customer contacts, promoting company products and services, and growing scope within a Key Account. This position also serves as the key point of contact between the customer and multiple internal department contacts within the operating companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain relationships with customer contacts at different plants of key customer account(s).
- Act as advocate within the business enterprise on behalf of strategic customers.
- Serve as key liaison to coordinate activities between the customer and all functional areas, including customer service, purchasing/sourcing, finance, engineering, logistics, and senior management.
- Play a major role in the project management of implementations improving VMI systems and OVH program changes at the customer(s).
- Proactively participate in contract renewals to ensure Würth /Oliver Van Horn retains customer business.
- Prepare monthly customer status update reports and present to Managing Director.
- Actively leads/participates in internal process improvement teams.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and develop creative business solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Refined persuasion and related sales and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills, and formidable negotiating skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluency and comfort with data analysis, graphs, statistics, percentages and ratios
B.S. Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Business related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3 years of industrial sales experience, with related products and/or related industry.
Valid Driver’s license and approved driving record.