Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various customer contacts, promoting company products and services, and growing scope within a Key Account.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various customer contacts, promoting company products and services, and growing scope within a Key Account. This position also serves as the key point of contact between the customer and multiple internal department contacts within the operating companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain relationships with customer contacts at different plants of key customer account(s).
- Act as advocate within the business enterprise on behalf of strategic customers.
- Serve as key liaison to coordinate activities between the customer and all functional areas, including customer service, purchasing/sourcing, finance, engineering, logistics, and senior management.
- Play a major role in the project management of implementations improving VMI systems and OVH program changes at the customer(s).
- Proactively participate in contract renewals to ensure Würth /Oliver Van Horn retains customer business.
- Prepare monthly customer status update reports and present to Managing Director.
- Actively leads/participates in internal process improvement teams.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and develop creative business solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Refined persuasion and related sales and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills, and formidable negotiating skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluency and comfort with data analysis, graphs, statistics, percentages and ratios
B.S. Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Business related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3 years of industrial sales experience, with related products and/or related industry.
Valid Driver’s license and approved driving record.