Material Handler/Inventory Manager
Wurth Adams is looking for a hard working individual to join our team as a Warehouse Inventory Manager/Material Handler!
Performs dual role of Inventory Manager and Material Handler. Maintains inventory at customer’s facilities, delivers product, maintains housekeeping (clean work area, signage, etc.), and presents a positive image to the customer. Performs a variety of warehouse functions accurately and efficiently to ensures internal and external customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloads trucks, Verifies parts & Receives incoming freight via computer system.
- Verifies product and quantity going into stock, Puts product in correct location utilizing FIFO & accurately marks overstock and main locations.
- Prioritizes orders to be filled, Fills orders verifying product and quantities are correct & Routes orders to appropriate shipping or processing area.
- Verifies product to be packaged is correct, Packages product in appropriate quantities and containers & Labels bags/boxes.
- Verifies product matches order to ship, Packages order to prevent damage during shipment, Ships order using appropriate shipping lines & Loads trucks.
- Maintains replenishment system at customer’s facility, Transports product to customers, Places orders to replenish customers’ inventory, Delivers product accurately and completely to bins and puts inventory away per customers’ and Company’s requirements, Addresses issues or concerns brought up by customers on site as well as communicates issues and concerns to appropriate internal departments, Looks for additional product Würth Adams can supply and forwards leads to appropriate departments, Identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement such as: bin quantities, new parts, inventory turns, etc.
- Corrects and/or reports any inventory inaccuracy or problem resulting in customer dissatisfaction, Performs cycle counts, Performs cleaning routinely or when asked, Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Follows all Company Fleet Policies and Procedures
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Inventory Manager, Customer Service, Driver, Warehouse or experience in a similar position preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current Medical Certificate and meet the requirements for driver selection as outlined in the Fleet Policy. Some positions require a CDL. Must maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability establish, build and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills .
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc. at a fast pace.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide accurately and efficiently.
- Must pass Forklift training and maintain Forklift certification.
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 lbs, frequent lifting of 40-60 lbs. Requires a lot of walking on a concrete surface .
- Work is performed in customer’s facilities and will have a wide range of work conditions, including summer and winter driving conditions.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook