This position is responsible for assigned warehouse location activities, as well as assigned remote forward stocking branches and Inventory Managers.
This position is responsible for assigned warehouse location activities, as well as assigned remote forward stocking branches and Inventory Managers. Delivers consistent, effective and economical fulfillment of orders, workflow optimization and the development of the Warehouse Operations team(s).
Day-to-day operations consists of leading the Logistics team, as well as manage resources to deliver targeted results: sales, gross profits, service degree, and productivity. Business, warehouse automation and financial acumen are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, manage and mentor team of assigned supervisors and/or leads.
- Take overall responsibility for the warehouse operations of each assigned branch, and implements action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Review financial statements, sales, production reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement, as well as to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Develop, direct execution and continuously improve departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with Würth Adams executives as necessary.
- Develop performance goals and objectives for operations employees and monitor achievement of those goals.
- Selects, hires and trains employees, in tandem with HR and Management. Conducts performance appraisals and provides input to supervisors as needed.
- Ensure process and procedures developed by other functional areas are implemented within all warehouse operations departments.
- Manage and coordinate Warehouse activities to maximize productivity and increase efficiency.
- Follows operating policies/procedures and ensures employee compliance. Ensures Warehouse Staff are creating a safety conscious culture.
- Collaborate with managers and supervisors on process improvement, unique solutions, and opportunities to drive growth and improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure effective coordination of activities.
- Provides input to the Director of Operations regarding budgeting for all warehouse operations departments, and ensures goals are met (sales, margins, costs/expenses, inventory).
- Continually model and teach the corporate culture of Wurth Adams and the Wurth Group.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout all warehouse operations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction. Represents the company at all times in a customer relations capacity.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field, and a minimum of 5-10 years of warehouse/operations management experience or commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Understands and communicates distribution center best practices, policies, procedures.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management systems and Warehouse automation.
- Familiar with Lean distribution methodologies.
- Results oriented, focused on continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and persuasive skills.
- Participator management style, solid leadership skills and able to build successful teams
- Must maintain valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and forklift certification.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc.
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as graphs, statistics, percentages, and ratios.
- Ability to establish credibility, respect and trust from staff and external business partners.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Suite of products. Understanding of SAP is desirable.
- Strategic thinker; uses creative and innovative problem solving in many types of diverse situations.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning ability.
- Ability to travel (25%) including limited international travel.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO certification.