Warehouse Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Wurth Adams is looking for a hard working individual to join our 2nd shift team as a Warehouse Material Handler (1:00-9:30pm) -$16.75+/hour
We are seeking a dependable team member, with a strong work ethic who is interested in growing with our company. This person plays a key role in ensuring we provide our customers with the best service possible. As a Warehouse Material Handler your attention to detail and accuracy ensures that our customers receive the correct product in a timely manner.
A typical day will entail fulfilling daily customer orders within the assigned area of the warehouse. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activity (e.g. receiving, stocking, order filling, packaging, shipping,) on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloads trucks
- Verifies parts
- Receives incoming freight via computer system
- Verifies product and quantity going into stock
- Puts product in correct location utilizing FIFO
- Accurately marks overstock and main locations
- Prioritizes orders to be filled
- Fills orders verifying product and quantities are correct
- Routes orders to appropriate shipping or processing area
- Verifies product to be packaged is correct
- Packages product in appropriate quantities and containers
- Labels bags/boxes
- Verifies product matches order to ship
- Packages order to prevent damage during shipment
- Ships order using appropriate shipping lines
- Loads trucks
- Corrects and/or reports any inventory inaccuracy or problem resulting in customer dissatisfaction
- Performs cycle counts ü Performs cleaning routinely or when asked
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED
- Material Handling, Forklift or previous Warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc. at a fast pace.
- Ability to add, subtract, multipy, and divide accurately and efficiently
- Must pass Forklift training and maintain Forklift certification
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 pounds, with frequent lifting of 40-60 pounds. Requires a lot of walking on a concrete surface.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several variables