Technical Applications Engineer
Provide technical support to Outside Sale Representatives and Key Customers driving the application engineering activities that support sales, quality and purchasing.
Provide technical support to Outside Sale Representatives and Key Customers driving the application engineering activities that support sales, quality and purchasing. Resolve application issues and assist customers in developing the most economic and highest integrity method of assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Wurth products and services.
- Continually identify and penetrate into new and existing customers to identify projects and product opportunities that will increase sales.
- Review and track Value Analysis/Value Engineering requirements for key customers and ensure that yearly goals are met.
- Review and interpret customer requirements with Sales Representatives and other company departments.
- Build and expand the relationship network with key decision makers within the customer.
- Compare, analyze and determine if existing products meet customer needs, or if part modifications are needed to fulfill customer requirements.
- Make recommendations to customers for modifications and improvement.
- Assist with product quality or application issues.
- Participate in customer presentations and field events such as conferences, seminars etc.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical and/or metallurgical engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in fastener distribution industry or manufacturing with fastener applications experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of engineering disciplines affecting products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Ability to work as a team member and be self-directed to meet goals
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers’ license and clean driving record
- Must occasionally lift, carry, or move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability & willingness to travel (30%)