OEM Outside Sales Representative
Timberline Fasteners is a stocking distributor serving OEM and industrial markets, with a division that serves lumberyard and hardware retailers through packaged/merchandised programs.
Timberline Fasteners is a stocking distributor serving OEM and industrial markets, with a division that serves lumberyard and hardware retailers through packaged/merchandised programs. The headquarters and primary distribution facility are located in Commerce City, CO. We are currently seeking an experienced OEM Outside Sales Representative to join our team in Vancouver, WA to help grow our business in the North West Region.
- Primary responsibility is the satisfaction, growth, and profitability of one or more key accounts
- Develop, maintain and support key Timberline Fasteners industrial customers with sales, application, purchasing, specification and administrative support
- Act as facilitator and coordinator between customer and company in satisfying all customer requirements
- Sell Timberline products and develop the market within an assigned territory or customer category
- Support service standards and exceed goals of Timberline Fasteners, focusing on continuous improvement in all areas of market development and sales
- Call on customers and prospective customers
- Assist customers by helping them select and purchase fasteners and other Timberline products
- Grow the assigned territory by identifying and developing new customers and closing sales opportunities with customers
- Research and resolve customer problems and disputes
- Ensure that all customers receive efficient and courteous service that exceeds the expectations of the company and customer with minimal direction and supervision
- Assist other teams and departments as needed
- Perform other tasks and duties as needed and requested
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong sales background preferably in the fastener industry
- Experience working with Fortune 500 companies
- Strong ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of customer service expectations and sincere desire to represent the company well in the customer’s environment.
- Ability to work independently, seek information, and make recommendations with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in product receiving and picking.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, and customers, verbally and through e-mail.
- Computer/technical skills to effectively use our inventory and order system, office e-mail and employee self-service systems.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Strong work ethic and drive for success.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Strong orientation towards teamwork and flexibility
towards changing business needs.
- Warehouse environment with extremes in temperature.
- Exposure to dust and lift equipment fumes.
- Regular standing, stooping, walking, and climbing.
- Routinely lifting thirty to fifty pounds.