Gulf Coast, U.S.A. (Flexible), Oliver H. Van Horn
This highly talented resource will be responsible for identifying Industrial MRO and Cutting Tool products and related cpart items from customer samples and/or specifications to source, quote and price items accurately, competitively and profitably.
Oliver H. Van Horn (OVH) was established in 1903 and acquired by the Würth Group in 2010. The company specializes in providing integrated customer solutions for the distribution and sale of industrial supply and machine tool products. It is a leader in the distribution of abrasives, cutting tools, machine tools, and related maintenance and repair products, selling to customers in the Industrial, Oil and Gas and Aerospace vertical market segments. Branch locations and support services are provided to customers from nine stocking locations with the opportunity to increase the geographic footprint by driving customer focused solutions through an existing customer network and further integration with other Würth Industry North America (WINA) companies. With its nearly 200 vending solutions, OVH not only brings increased customer integration expertise, but also increases the overall product portfolio that Wurth is able to provide to its key customers.
Execute sales strategy, initiate contact with potential customers, identify their needs and sell appropriate products/services to meet those needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate a drive and passion for creating sales, relationship building, and satisfying the customer.
- Identify prospects for new business, arrange sales calls, generate interest in our products and services, and close the sale.
- Coordinate with Snider and national team to create customer quotes and establish delivery of products.
- Continually seek personal growth.
- Contribute to the improvement of the sales team and promote teamwork throughout our organization.
Oliver H. Van Horn has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quotations Leader to join our team. Thisxhighly talented resource will be responsible for identifying Industrial MRO and Cutting Tool products and related cpartxitems from customer samples and/or specifications to source, quote and price items accurately, competitively and profitably.
- Process quote requests in a timely manner from preferred suppliers that provide competitive pricing and terms to facilitate gaining new business.
- Provide quotes that meet our established purchasing guidelines
- Provide technical interpretation of customer bid specs, including quality requirements.
- Maintain cost information in Company database.
- Obtain vendor cost information and factor market price variances to develop escalation clauses where appropriate.
- Evaluate and control price add-ons to raw purchase cost such as secondary processing, abnormal freight costs, tooling and other costs.
- Prepare customer proposals.
- Build and maintain master quote files.
- Provide status tracking of all quotations.
- Develop relationships within the (WINA) Wurth Industry North America sister companies sourcing departments to help streamline multi-company sales opportunities.
- Work with sales departments to develop price strategy for the quotations.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required; major in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in high volume purchasing and/or sourcing activities; quality or engineering background, and/or experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of fasteners and related products
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with outside vendors and Company customers.
- Exemplary research and analytical skills.
- Professional communication and negotiation ability.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills and ability to become proficient in Company integrated database systems; MRP expertise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines.