As a Warehouse Material Handler your attention to detail and accuracy ensures that our customers receive the correct product in a timely manner.
Würth Timberline Fasteners was originally founded in 1923 and has evolved significantly over time. In 2014, Timberline was purchased by The Würth Group; the world market leader in the trade of assembly and fastening material. The Würth Group consists of over 400 companies and is a globally operating business. With the support of Würth, Timberline is experiencing significant growth and has plans for even greater growth in the coming years. Both Würth and Timberline have sustained success throughout the years by staying true to their values and honoring their commitments to their customers, their suppliers and their colleagues.
We are seeking a dependable team member, with a strong work ethic who is interested in growing with our company. This person plays a key role in ensuring we provide our customers with the best service possible. As a Warehouse Material Handler your attention to detail and accuracy ensures that our customers receive the correct product in a timely manner.
A typical day will entail fulfilling daily customer orders within the assigned area of the warehouse. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activity (e.g. receiving, stocking, order filling, packaging, shipping,) on a regular basis.
Principle Duties and Essential Functions
- Unloads trucks
- Verifies parts
- Receives incoming freight via computer system
- Verifies product and quantity going into stock
- Puts product in correct location utilizing FIFO
- ccurately marks over stock and main locations
- Prioritizes orders to be filled
- Fills orders verifying product and quantities are correct
- Routes or ders to appropriate shipping or processing area
- Verifies product to be packaged is correct
- Packages product in appropriate quantities and containers
- Labels bags/boxes
- Verifies product matches order to ship
- Packages order to prevent damage during shipment
- Ships order using appropriate shipping lines
- Loads trucks
- Corrects and/or reports any inventory inaccuracy or problem resulting in customer dissatisfaction
- Performs cycle counts ü Performs cleaning routinely or when asked
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Material Handling, Forklift or previous Warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc.at a fast pace.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and efficiently
- Must pass Forklift training and maintain Forklift certification
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 pounds, with frequent lifting of 40-60 pounds. Requires a lot of walking on a concrete surface.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several variables in standardized