Distribution Center Manager
Würth Timberline Fasteners is looking for a Distribution Center Manager to manage and improve our warehouse operations in Commerce City, CO. If you are a smart, hard-working, results-oriented individual with strong operations and warehouse leadership experience, this would be a great opportunity for you!
Who We Are
Würth Timberline Fasteners is a stocking distributor serving OEM and industrial markets, with a division that serves lumberyard and hardware retailers through packaged and merchandised programs.
What We Offer
We offer a culture that encourages work/life balance, teamwork, diversity, professional growth and development, community give-back, and acknowledgement of employee achievements. Our excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision, plans customizable to meet your family needs, as well as company paid life insurance and long-term disability coverage and a 401(k)retirement plan with a company match!
Manage the employees and processes used to receive, stock, pick and deliver product to the customer efficiently and successfully.
Essential Duties and Resposibilites
- Manage warehouse operations and achieve performance goals of fill rate, accuracy and on-time delivery
- Lead various projects to improve efficiencies, customer experience, and space utilization and drive continuous improvement across all teams
- Partner with HR to manage hiring, training, mentoring/developing employees, reducing employee turnover and addressing employee relations issues/disciplinary processes
- Staff appropriately to maintain employee’s work/life balance and minimize overtime
- Responsible for the completion of performance reviews for operations personnel
- Ensure minimal product damage occurs
- Maintain accuracy of inventory in system and physical locations
- Assist management with resolving problems related to operations and provide monthly reports as requested
- Monitor warehouse safety to prevent workplace injuries
- Monitor overall expenses of the distribution center and take action to achieve annual budget goals
- Responsible for insuring Distribution Center operations are in compliance with company/ISO policy, processes and procedures
- Work with Director of Operations to continuously improve processes in Distribution Center
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years logistics and/or warehouse experience
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, very fast-paced warehouse environment
- Strong business orientation and foundation including the ability to see opportunities and develop/implement appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to address employee disciplinary issues and maintain high standards of operation.
- Ability to operate all equipment and machinery in the distribution center, including forklift, cherry-picker, reach truck and scan guns
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Good reasoning, conflict-management, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to read and interpret necessary policies and procedures to perform updates and operate systems and other programs within the Distribution Center
- Must be proficient in using e-mail, MS Word, Excel and have the ability to learn new systems quickly
- SAP experience a plus
- Able to access all areas of the Distribution Center, including the mezzanine platforms
- Ability to frequently lift 70 pounds
- Ability to frequently stand, reach, bend, and walk on concrete floors