New Business Development
Kansas City, Missouri, United States (Würth Industry North America)
The focus for this position is to grow the customer base of Vendor Managed Inventory programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers in an assigned geographic territory.
The focus for this position is to grow the customer base of Vendor Managed Inventory programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers in an assigned geographic territory. A successful New Business Developer gains new customers by promoting the CPS brand, utilizing leverage letters to gain entry into new prospects and closing the sale through signed contracts. The NBD representative will transition the new customers to our Account Teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify potential prospects in assigned geographic area through use of Hoovers and other manufacturing databases.
- Aggressively pursue appointments with viable prospects within assigned territory through use of our leverage letter process.
- Engage with prospects to identify pain points and provide a solution using our CPS Tools.
- Engage audience with CPS Power Point Presentation, including a variety of departments (Purchasing, Production, Quality, Engineering, Finance, etc.) within your prospect.
- Provide expert demonstrations of our CPS Tools.
- Obtain samples and/or prints for use during the quoting process.
- Collaborate with multiple departments during the RFQ process, including Marketing, Engineering, Quoting and Management.
- Maintain robust pipeline with consistent movement of prospects through the sales stages.
- Prepare reports of business transactions, current prospect opportunities and contractual information.
- Create contracts and exhibit documentation to present to customer for signatures.
- Follow credit approval process to validate terms proposed to prospect.
- Submit expense records/documents in a timely manner according to company policy.
- Prepare monthly customer status update report and present to senior management.
- Play an active role in the implementation of a new customers’ Vendor Managed Inventory program.
- Other duties as needed/assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree – Engineering, Business, Marketing, or Industrial Distribution preferred, but open to all majors; minimum of 3 years Sales experience with related products or commensurate combination of education and experience in a related industry.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Refined persuasion and related sales and presentation skills.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Formidable Negotiating skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to solve mathematical equations as related to job position, such as graphs, statistics, percentages and ratios.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, blueprint or schedule form.
- Must occasionally lift, carry or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of time.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s license and clean driving record