Demand Planning Manager
Greenwood, IN/Louisville, KY, United States (Würth Service Supply)
The Customer Demand Planning Manager ensures our company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective.
The Customer Demand Planning Manager ensures our company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. The position will manage the forecasting team responsible for estimating future product demand, CPS bin management process, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models. This position will be a part of our Sales Operations team and will work closely with customers and outside sales reps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement demanding planning systems to meet goals and improve customer forecast accuracy
- Lead forecasting and inventory planning meetings to assess potential sales forecasts and goals
- Initiate programs or policies that maximize customer inventory turns, program efficiencies and identify slow moving items
- Monitor sales trends by revenue for various customers.
- Provide new business gap analysis from multiple data points
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- Analyze data for consistency, accuracy and quality.
- Oversee staffing/recruiting/training of direct reports
- Internalize company goals
- Conduct performance reviews, coaching, and guidance to direct reports.
- Troubleshoot issues threatening data integrity.
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong understanding of inventory control/purchasing processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and query writing skills.
- Technology aptitude to learn our inventory management platforms (SAP).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain cooperation in goal attainment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment with a sense of urgency.
- Analytical ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to define goals, seek information, and make recommendations with minimal supervision.