SAP Configuration Specialist
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States (Würth Industry North America)
The SAP Configuration Specialist is responsible for the configuration and implementation of the SAP system at various operating companies across the U.S., translating business requirements into SAP functionality, driving communications through the implementation process with project status updates, and overall support of the implementation team.
The SAP Configuration Specialist is responsible for the configuration and implementation of the SAP system at various operating companies across the U.S., translating business requirements into SAP functionality, driving communications through the implementation process with project status updates, and overall support of the implementation team. This position is also responsible for training key-users on system functionality, assisting users in running usability tests prior to going live, and post go-live production support, system configuration and system enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage SAP implementation projects and timelines for operating companies, and provide status update reports.
- Drive process development discussions with the operating companies to outline existing processes and procedures and map them to the functionality of SAP, and assist operating companies in the development of new processes and procedures.
- Oversee and coordinate the requirements of multiple company implementations in differing phases of implementation, for projects running concurrently.
- Work collaboratively with SAP Implementation team members, providing clear and concise communications and project updates.
- Perform business analysis of current operating system processes, organizational structures, and operating methodologies to ensure alignment with and integration of the new operating system (SAP).
- Train company super-users on SAP system functionality with a thorough and complete understanding of such functionality, and assist super-users in the training of all end users.
- Troubleshoot system, process, and business issues to ensure the optimal functionality.
- Assist with data uploads between operating systems.
- Support operating companies during the project phase prior to go-live, work with local users to run usability tests prior to go-live, and provide continued support and assistance throughout the conclusion of the implementation process.
- Coordinate with local operating company Project Managers to ensure the timely completion of action items necessary to launch a successful, on-time implementation.
- Communicate effectively with international support teams and all required teams to provide complete, on-going system support.
- Work in collaboration with all members of the implementation team.
- Travel to Wurth Group companies in US and internationally to ensure successful implementations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluency in German, a plus
- High standard of professionalism and ethics
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Deadline and positive outcome driven
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey information
- Ability to train individuals on operating systems functions and processes
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to listen, hear, and translate business requirements
- Proficiency with MS Office products, advanced Excel
- Travel estimated at 25% - 50%, both domestic and international, with some periods of travel for multiple weeks at a time
- Ability to solve problems creatively and efficiently
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience with SAP R/3 – Configuration and Implementation of selected modules
- Technical knowledge of information systems and business processes, required.
- Experience in successfully working with multiple projects at varying levels of completion.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, a plus