Material Handler- Shipping, Receiving, Stocking and Order Filling
Commerce City, CO, United States (Würth Timberline)
Würth Timberline Fasteners is looking for a hard-working, experienced Material Handlers with expertise in shipping, receiving, order filling and stocking.
Würth Timberline Fasteners is looking for a hard-working, experienced Material Handlers with expertise in shipping, receiving, order filling and stocking. This team-oriented individual must have an excellent work ethic, a good attendance record, positive attitude and attention to detail. This full-time position offers work-life balance with minimal overtime, a Monday-Friday day time schedule, great benefits, and work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check product code/description and quantity for accuracy of items picked.
- Transfer packages to correct staging location as directed by pick tags.
- Confirm inventory picks in the computer carefully noting all exceptions to the quantity and lot number.
- Print transportation paperwork and other required information.
- Protect/wrap/secure finished loads to insure against damage or loss.
- Load trucks and file signed manifests as directed by supervisor.
- Pick up and scan re-fill cards from bin service at the customer’s facility
- Print pick lists in the computer system, fill orders and verify accuracy of the product by grade, finish, dimensions, etc.
- Prioritize orders and notify the supervisor if customer requirements (quality, quantity, delivery date) cannot be met
- Check product code/description and quantity for accuracy of items picked
- Transfer packages to correct staging location as directed by pick lists
- Use a computer to check and confirm inventory picks and location changes
- Protect/wrap/secure finished loads to ensure no damage or loss occurs
- Weigh loads and generate required labeling and paperwork to identify/track shipment via shipping carriers
- Load trucks and file signed manifests as directed by supervisor
- Track lost shipments and file claims for damaged/lost shipments
- Account for all unshipped orders at the end of each day
- Assist other warehouses with outgoing non-inventory shipments
- Resolve discrepancies with appropriate departments including Receiving, Purchasing, and Inside Sales
- Prepare orders for delivery to customer with lot control codes and documentation as required.
- Unload trucks and organize pallets/packages in the Receiving area
- Check the products, quantities, and lot numbers received against the suppliers’ packing lists. Mark exceptions and forward appropriate paperwork to the Purchasing Dept
- Notify supervisor immediately when damaged shipments arrive so photographs, notes, and signatures can be completed while the driver is present
- Confirm the reception of products into the computer system
- Print computer-generated labels and affix to packages
- Move product to the correct receiving location
- Print reports put away lists to use when moving product from the Receiving area to home locations
- Operate forklift, pallet jack and pushcarts to move product
- Use a computer to check inventory and make location moves
- Stock products to designated locations after received and approved.
- Check the product, quantity, and lot number(s) against the put-away list and report discrepancies to supervisor
- Store extra product in designated backstock areas and record location.
- Replenish home stocking locations from backstock locations
- Keep work area clean by replacing broken pallets, clean up spills, remove empty cartons and trash
- Operate forklift, reach truck, stock pickers, pallet jack, and pushcarts to move product as required
- Use the computer to check inventory and make location moves
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of experience working in a warehouse (receiving, stocking, order filling, shipping)
- 3+ years experience using forklifts (high reach and stand up forklifts)
- Basic computer and typing skills required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to frequently grasp, reach, push, pull, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and lift 1-70 pounds