Inventory Manager Lead
Richfield, Wisconsin, United States
Maintains all programs Bin Reviews. Sets goals and objectives, directs work, establishes and maintains departmental work procedures and standards of the inventory management and vendor managed inventory (VMI) function for the branch(es) assigned.
Leads the team of Inventory Managers. Maintains all programs Bin Reviews. Sets goals and objectives, directs work, establishes and maintains departmental work procedures and standards of the inventory management and vendor managed inventory (VMI) function for the branch(es) assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and supports Inventory Managers for Brooklyn Park Region, to achieve sales, service, and logistics goals.
- Assists in the preparation and management of departmental budgets. Provides input on capital expenses for all delivery vehicles and Inventory Management needs for region.
- Working in coordination with Warehouse Supervisors and Branch Managers company-wide; assist in identifying, modifying, documenting and implementing Inventory Management standards and processes.
- Creates and performs customer audits of VMI programs for compliance and monitoring of Inventory Managers’ performance.
- Maintains and fosters relationships, and communicates regularly (and cross-functionally) to deliver improvement to VMI programs and improve logistics productivity throughout the supply chain in support of the customer.
- Works closely with the sales organization to achieve sales and service targets via on-site inventory management activities and CPSG optimization.
- Identifies, develops and provides training to Inventory Mangers and the Company per required Company, OSHA, CSA, Safety and DOT requirements.
- Maintains metrics, reports, process documentation, logs, vehicle maintenance & inspection and safety records.
- Supports Implementation Team on new customer start-ups and optimization activities in support of customers.
- Supports workload and routes for Inventory Managers.
- Works with team and cross functionally to identify VMI optimization and improvement opportunities.
- May perform Inventory Manager duties as a back-up or to support high workloads.
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED. College degree is preferred.
- Prior experience in Fleet Management, Inventory Management, Customer Service, Branch Management, or similar position.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Must have a valid CDL driver’s license, current Medical Certificate and meet the requirements for driver selection as outlined in the Fleet Policy. Must maintain a clean driving record and be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Must pass Forklift training and maintain Forklift certification
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Understanding of vendor managed inventory programs, warehouse operations, and other logistics functions.
- Able to identify projects to improve productivity and efficiency. Has the tenacity to see projects through to completion.
- Keen focus on the customer; ability to sell change programs that result in Company efficiencies and/or customer benefits.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities; able to gather virtual, temporary teams to solve time-critical issues, with positive outcomes for the customers as well as for the company.
- Ability to lead and direct, both cross-functionally (peers in other departments) and within the organization, across multiple geographies.
- Ability to travel to remote sites, branches, and customer sites: up to 50%.