Market Development Specialist
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States (Würth Adams)
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop lasting and valuable systematic techniques by maintaining and enhancing our robust pipeline database through market development efforts and collaboration with key stakeholders across the business.
The Market Development Specialist is responsible for pursuing and generating new business leads, identifying points of contacts within prospective customers, and securing appointments with viable customers. This position conducts research to identify prospective customers, utilizes written communication to access organizations, and assertively pursues leads to secure initial contact and establish relationships with new customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize phone calls and emails to vigorously pursue appointments with viable prospects and customers
- Identify potential customers using prospecting databases, social media, networking, and other methods.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to drive new opportunities and coordinate initial customer contacts and meetings.
- Stay steadfast and overcome objections to set initial appointments and move prospects through the sales cycle.
- Operate in a consistent manner that builds company brand awareness.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain, Industrial Distribution, Business related field, or equivalent experience.
- Internship or sales experience, a plus
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Effective persuasive skills and ability to overcome objections
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Travel estimated 10%.