Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States (Würth Adams)
This position is responsible for designing and maintaining the current network infrastructure for current and future growth of our North American network connecting over 100 locations to a global network.
This position is responsible for designing and maintaining the current network infrastructure for current and future growth of our North American network connecting over 100 locations to a global network. This role will ensure that the organization’s computer systems and networks remain secure and reliable while driving the corporate IT Shared Services strategy. This entails providing network related shared services throughout North America. This role is ultimately responsible for managing the use of WANs, LANs, WLANs, VLANs, VPN, VoIP, and organization-specific network requirements.
This role also works on server-side maintenance and deployment tasks while working with teams and specialists that provide user support. The network administrator balances technical knowledge with network and data infrastructure management while maintaining and monitoring network availability, and collecting data to enhance security and reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for performing duties to ensure the reliability and support of the business systems network for our customers whether internal or external. This includes and is not limited to the following:
- WAN Administration, LAN Administration, Remote Access Administration and administration of regional network Internet, Global VPN, Regional VPN.
- Establish and configure networks for organization-wide use.
- Lead teams of IT personnel, which can include system and network administrators and IT technicians and specialists.
- Maintain reliable system performance through active monitoring of error logs and user-reported network issues.
- Conduct regular tests to ensure that the system meets expectations for speed, security, and reliability.
- Also work with technicians and administrators to conduct routine system audits, making recommendations to improve reliability and performance.
- Develop and deploy performance-enhancing measures throughout the network.
- Design and oversee server-side elements of the organization’s network infrastructure. This may include installing network-wide malware protection software, developing firewalls, and configuring databases and access on the back end.
- Manage decisions regarding network upgrades and repairs.
- Understanding how different projects interlink and overlap to establish priorities
- Managing budgets and reporting on allocation
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement
- Developing industry partnerships
- Ensuring relevant standards, process and regulations are upheld
- Support the organization’s information security efforts, using best practices and procedures to protect data from intrusion, loss, and corruption
- Maintain an up to date Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, manuals, and change logs.
- Perform requirements gathering, business process analysis and project management tasks as required.
- Act as a point of escalation for the support services team.
- Act as top tier escalation point for Network Administrators.
- Mentor and develop within the team.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Occasional travel to branch sites to assist with setups and/or critical issues.
- Onsite, remote, on-call, and emergency support.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, Industry Certification; or combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience managing and troubleshooting large and complex networks
- Extensive experience configuring and managing software and hardware related to network technologies (LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN, VoIP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- Comprehensive knowledge of network administration, and related network hardware and software with, Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc.
- Current industry certifications preferred such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Cisco certified network admin (CCNA), VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Visio & Project)
- Ability to multitask, adjust to change and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information to end users both on-site and remote.
- Must occasionally lift, carry, or move up to 50 lbs.