SAP Support Specialist (Purchasing)
This role is responsible for working cross functionally with other Support Specialists to improve business processes and drive company efficiencies.
This role is responsible for working cross functionally with other Support Specialists to improve business processes and drive company efficiencies. The role is responsible for being the main point of contact/subject matter expert for process and system related questions within their assigned functional area. This role is responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, executing, measuring, monitoring and controlling the company wide business processes related to their assigned functional area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively on cross-functional process design initiatives from start to finish including; characterizing the current state process and workflow, identifying gaps and opportunities to improve efficiencies/controls, redesigning, creating and implementing the new process.
- Develop and maintain process documentation, monitor process effectiveness, and regularly communicate to department managers, supervisors and end users. Serves as the first point of contact for Process or System related questions within assigned functional area.
- Coordinate escalation of departmental system issues with WINA SAP Implementation team.
- Coordinate efforts of Wurth operating company employees and WINA SAP Implementation team to support and test system changes or enhancements.
- Develops and lead training for new and existing employees on process and system functions related to department specific processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoots issues, makes recommendations for changes and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Responsible for auditing department compliance of approved processes and procedures
- Works cross functional with other departmental Support Specialists to identify and provide recommendations for system process changes that could be utilized to enhance service and performance company wide. Work with site personnel, compliance, and others to validate improvements and changes.
- Facilitates SAP system upgrade and program change testing
- Creates Best Business Practice guidelines within SAP for training purposes.
- Develop and updates training materials, processes and work instructions.
- Assist Department Managers in creating and maintaining ISO documentation.
- Perform special projects to ensure consistency and accuracy of system parameters, process and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1-2 years Process or Project Support Experience.
- 1-2 years experience in assigned functional area (Quality)
- Six Sigma/Lean Certification, Process Management or Project Management Certification(s) a plus
- Able to identify productivity and improvement opportunities, work with people cross-functionally, and deliver results.
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail monitoring data and analyzing reports.
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email, written documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information to end users.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and efficiently.
- Ability to train individuals on operating systems functions and processes
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- May involve travel up to ~15%