Strategic Sourcing Manager
Manage a team of strategic buyers who are responsible to identify/maintain the best suppliers for various categories of products and lower the total cost of ownership/acquisition.
Manage a team of strategic buyers who are responsible to identify/maintain the best suppliers for various categories of products and lower the total cost of ownership/acquisition. Responsible for managing the relationship and performance of supply base. Work closely with other functions (Sales, Quality, Engineering and Operations) towards improved efficiencies, quality, inventory turns and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create clearly defined strategies for various categories of products. Work with other group companies to create alignment and leverage. Ensure strategy is deployed to realize benefits.
Cost Reduction Projects
- Manage multiple cost reduction projects that are executed by the strategic buyers reporting to this position.
- Facilitate successful completion of those projects and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Track the results accurately and provide regular update the leadership
- Constantly test the market for lower total cost by creating requisitions and engaging with supply base.
- Establish “should be” pricing by category.
- Identify opportunities to leverage spend across the Wurth Industry North America group companies.
Negotiation & Contracts
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to create a win-win solution while maximizing the profitability.
- Negotiate both price and non-price.
- Convert those into a contract and long-term agreement.
- Ensure implementation of negotiated pricing by working with the buyers.
- Ensure compliance to contracts.
Price Increase Management
- Proactively avoid price increases (cost containment) through strategic and tactical approach.
- When unavoidable, lead effective negotiations to minimize impact.
- Create and deploy process to get price increase from suppliers managed through negotiations, documentation and approval.
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure product pricing changes are implemented.
Cross-functional collaboration & Inter-company collaboration
- Engage in various initiatives with other functions within Wurth Adams and with other group companies towards improving profitability and addressing growth.
- Motivate the team of strategic buyers and maintain a high performing team that collaborates very well with others and executes projects successfully.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, business administration, economics, trade, engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years directly related experience in strategic procurement or supply chain functions, preferably in the fastener industry.
- At least 3 years of experience of above experience with responsibility in managing direct reports through performance reviews, coaching and mentoring.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- ISM or APICS certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Advanced Excel to create and analyze data.
- Some level of technical knowledge related to mechanical products and ability to read prints
- Financial analysis of cost drivers and commodity market impact on cost. Ability to analyze RFQ responses from suppliers and create summarized recommendations.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.