Plans, controls, manages, and directs activities of the assigned Sales Team to obtain maximum sales volume for the organization’s products/services.
Plans, controls, manages, and directs activities of the assigned Sales Team to obtain maximum sales volume for the organization’s products/services. Sales Managers may perform Outside Sales Representative duties and have customers assigned to them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility for achieving company sales goals of assigned business segment and territories by developing and implementing sales plans.
- Leads team members to grow sales and profits by penetrating existing customers and acquiring new business
- Assigns accounts and sets goals and objectives of team members.
- Provides coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation and information to team members to help them achieve objectives.
- Manages, trains and assists team members in resolving customer complaints to ensure customer satisfaction is obtained. May also perform the duties of an Outside Salesperson.
- Creates and manages corporate sales budget for assigned area.
- Analyzes and approves expense budgets
- Works with Pricing Manager on pricing strategies to maximize both short and long term sales and gross profit objectives
- Performs performance reviews, trains, coaches and counsels team members to assist in career development and manage performance.
- Ensures company processes and procedures are implemented and adhered to within their team.
- Performs one on one meetings once or twice per month
- Assists in planning, organizing and conducting sales meetings; vendor representation meetings; and introduction of new products to the sales force.
- Advises management on the selection, retention and deletion of products lines
- Recommends sales compensation plans
- May attend and represent the company at industry shows, conventions and other meetings
- Ascertains that sample supplies, brochures and sales aids are properly maintained and used by sales personnel
- Assists in disposing of excess and obsolete stock.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field; 5+ years prior experience is Sales, Sales Management or related functions or commensurate combination of education and experience
- Strong leaderships qualities with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving, quantitative analysis, time management and organization skills
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of people (customers, managers, prospects, etc.)
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as graphs, statistics, percentages, and ratios.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, blueprint, or schedule form.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50%-75% of time. Must be able to travel to assigned territories which may include Mexico or Canada.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s license and clean driving record