Demand Planning Analyst
This position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with assigned customers and products.
This position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with assigned customers and products. These activities include gathering, reviewing, and analyzing historical usage trends to create statistical forecasts that drive purchasing decisions to minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Forecast Creation, Maintenance, and Analysis
- Review historical sales trends, develop statistical demand forecasts and determine the best method of forecasting based on product analysis and system capabilities.
- Establish KPIs to measure forecast accuracy and ensure inventory and service degree targets are met.
- Provide data for monthly forecast review meetings with key customers and provide suggestions to improve forecast accuracy.
- Create and maintain forecasting reports and dashboards.
Inventory Analysis and Segmentation
- Provide leadership in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs based on forecast variability and product analysis.
- Analyze product usage and forecasted volumes to evaluate on hand inventory and storage strategies.
- Collect data on suppliers and consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations.
- Manage and communicate customer forecast accuracy reports to sales.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer volume changes with purchasing.
- Work with cross-functional partners to continuously improve forecast accuracy, demand planning efficiency and effectiveness, plant loading and customer service.
- Drive collaboration with internal and external customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, statistics, mathematics, or commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience in demand planning/analysis, purchasing, or inventory management, preferably in the fastener industry.
- APICS (CSCP or CPIM), DDP, or IBF certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards or other statistical forecasting software, including advanced Excel or SQL methods to create and analyze forecast and sales data.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, developing forecasts, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge and use of customer portals, EDI, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.