Electro Mechanical Technician - 2nd shift (1:00-9:30pm)
This position will entail troubleshooting of automated storage retrieval system and its control system, solving intermittent problems with control systems or machines.
This position will entail troubleshooting of automated storage retrieval system and its control system, solving intermittent problems with control systems or machines. Including preventative maintenance, providing repairs on equipment, solving electromechanical problems, and communicating needed logic changes to the system manufacturer via their remote support team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for all areas of the mechanical and electrical conveyor equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections of automated equipment for potential repairs.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered.
- Work closely with the equipment manufacturer (Knapp) to troubleshoot and address issues.
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve problems.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of 3rd party companies assisting with work.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma/GED
- 2 Year certificate / degree for basic electricity and electronics preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in Mechanical/Electrical repair and troubleshooting preferred
- Have an understanding of electrical blueprints.
- Working knowledge of Word or Word Perfect, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Working knowledge and experience with performing controls set up tasks.
- Have the ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret machine and system layout drawings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to solve mathematical equations as related to job position.
- Show the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Have the ability to solve electrical and maintenance problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of PLC systems, Siemens Simantic S7 preferred.
- Knowledge of 2-wire serial communication systems, PROFIBUS and AS-i bus preferred.
- Occasional travel may be required (international and domestic for training).