3D Sales Engineer
The 3D Sales Engineer takes a consultative sales approach focusing on selling to customers using their engineering acumen.
The 3D Sales Engineer takes a consultative sales approach focusing on selling to customers using their engineering acumen. This role partners with the Outside Sales team to support 3D growth within new and existing customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively drive and manage the 3D technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate for Wurth products and services.
- Develop and grow relationships within new and existing customers to educate them on our value proposition.
- Continually identify and penetrate into new and existing customers to identify projects and product opportunities that will increase sales.
- Create 3D prototypes and drawings.
- Generate and track Value Analysis/Value Engineering for new and existing customers and ensure that yearly goals are met.
- Partner with Outside Sales Reps to review and interpret customer requirements.
- Build and expand the relationship network with key decision makers within the customer.
- Compare, analyze and determine if existing products meet customer needs, or if part modifications are needed to fulfill customer requirements.
- Make recommendations to customers for modifications and improvement.
- Assist with product quality or application issues.
- Participate in customer presentations and field events such as conferences, seminars etc.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Experience in CAD design, application engineering, and 3D printing preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines affecting products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Ability to work as a team member and be self-directed to meet goals
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers’ license and clean driving record
- Must occasionally lift, carry, or move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability & willingness to travel (30%)