Translate customer requirements into RFP and successfully complete the source identification, article creation and master data maintenance.
Translate customer requirements into RFP and successfully complete the source identification, article creation and master data maintenance. Support the conversion of sales opportunities competitively, and profitably into sourced categories of products. Successfully establish new business sourcing and transition the same to the procurement team. Manage and expedite multiple quotes, build customer pricing proposals and meet project deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand new business/sourcing opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition and any other area impacting quote content and strategy.
- Thoroughly inspect customer drawings, samples, and specifications to accurately identify parts and prepare for RFQ in collaboration with Commodity Management, Engineering and Sales.
- Provide technical interpretation of customer bid specifications, including quality requirements.
- Develop sourcing and pricing strategy to address specific material/items in each quote request.
- Develop relationships within the purchasing and sales departments to materialize sales opportunities.
- Continually assess and build the quotation requirements for customer specific RFQs.
- Generate the sales quotes within the established guidelines in a timely manner and present them to Sales Management team.
- Ensure articles are accurately created in a timely fashion.
- Review and influence final proposal in the quote submission process.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in purchasing or sourcing activities; quality or engineering background.
- Basic technical knowledge of fasteners and related products.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and quality standards.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with Suppliers, Customers and Internal Teams.
- Exemplary research and analytical skills with a flair for Costing and Pricing.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Proficient knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Products with Exceptional Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines.