IT Production Support Manager
To manage the Würth Industry North America Service Desk for dealing with internal/external customer inquiries and incidents for an enterprise IT department managing services provided to 14 distinct Operating Companies in North America.
To manage the Würth Industry North America Service Desk for dealing with internal/external customer inquiries and incidents for an enterprise IT department managing services provided to 14 distinct Operating Companies in North America. To manage the performance of Level 1 services & support to clients (internal and external) and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring that staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed and protocol observed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements through an ITIL framework. Ensure incidents are logged accurately and timely and passed to second line support teams, manage ticket systems, and be responsible for customer communications for service alerts and maintenance.
Also responsible for coordinating and managing Releases of infrastructure and software, coordinating the activities of support and transition of new releases for "hypercare" to steady-state support and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include crucial IT support communications with business customers and internal/external IT support agencies (Würth IT, Würth Industrie, hardware and software vendors, etc.); establish and maintain Change Management and Release Management processes and systems; establish and coordinate 1st and 2nd level Support processes and systems, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1/2) including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers. (20%)
- Manage the help desk team and evaluate performance
- Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and technicians
- Oversee 100% of the IT requests, incidents and problems across supported WINA Operating Companies and WINA staff.
- Develop Service and Operational Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable ITIL framework for managing and improving customer support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Oversee submitted incidents, problems, change and requests.
- Maintain the incident ticket database, ensuring incidents are set to the correct priority, status and are within established Service Level Agreements for response and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates with accurate notes on current status
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues, becoming the incident manager in major incidents. Work to make Service Desk the single source of service delivery channel for the company. Monitor and manage phone & email queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Ensure that customers receive timely updates on incidents. Ensure that customer incidents that occur across WINA products or involve multiple 2nd line groups and 3rd Parties are coordinated so that the customer receives a consolidated response from WINA IT.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on service desk team’s productivity.
- Communicate Service Desk actions, trends, and status to a broad audience. Coordinate regular discussion of open issues/items, and manage communications with end-user communities.
- Coordinate and communicate with partner organizations within business and IT organization: e.g., Würth IT, Würth Industrie, Würth India, and others. Coordinate/Integrate WINA's support platforms with the global Würth Group support teams.
- Use Service Desk support history and ticket volumes to continuously improve processes. Determine most-common service desk issues, and coordinate user self-help processes and tools to eliminate those calls altogether. "The best service desk call is one that did not occur."
Act as escalation point for all incidents and requests. Develop and mature phone & email ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Escalation may involve out of hours’ support via phone or email
- Escalate to 2nd and 3rd line support teams, inform senior management teams of P1/P2 incidents
- Engage with third parties to provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for third party services
In partnership with Architecture, maintain a complete portfolio of applications and integrations, current installation versions and release levels, and supporting middleware and infrastructure that supports each application.
- Coordinate and run regular Change Control/Change Advisory meetings with internal IT staff and representatives from business audiences
- Maintain a calendar of maintenance requests on the network, data centers, exchanges and internal changes and ensure communication to customers with the appropriate information.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience/understanding of ITIL methodology
- Proven track record as a Technical Service Desk Manager
- Hands on experience configuring and using enterprise-class Service Desk software: incident management, problem management,
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field