Supplier Account Manager
The Supplier Account Manager is responsible for developing and executing key supplier strategies and plans, in coordination with the product team, to deliver sales, customer, and market share growth for Würth Industry North America (WINA)
The Supplier Account Manager is responsible for developing and executing key supplier strategies and plans, in coordination with the product team, to deliver sales, customer, and market share growth for Würth Industry North America (WINA). This position utilizes business relationships and negotiation to ensure optimal commercial terms. In addition, this role coordinates with WINA sales, marketing, and product teams, as well as supplier executive, sales, and product teams to achieve growth targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of the supplier relationship; conduct QBRs and manage action plans.
- Negotiate long-term supply agreements, marketing budgets, and rebate agreements with favorable terms for Würth in coordination with the product teams.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Legal, and Supply Chain teams.
- Utilize Point of Sale data to work with Würth and Supplier Sales Team to identify customer opportunities.
- Sell the benefits/advantages of the Würth proposition to Suppliers.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring of the program to provide quantitative evidence of sales growth and profitability.
- Conduct market research and analyze internal data to determine program effectiveness.
- Coordinate training programs of products to employees and customers.
- Regularly review product and service requirements and make recommendations for improvement and innovation.
- Regularly review inventory levels and make recommendations for adjustments.
- Provide input on pricing structures based upon market analysis and feedback.
- Work with Marketing to develop effective Supplier marketing plans.
- Facilitate joint Supplier and Würth sales calls, and support sales teams to increase knowledge of product category and benefits from suppliers to win incremental business.
- Coordinate operational activities as it pertains to our supplier partner’s online portals, business requirements, merchandising program requirements and other related activities.
- Attend training programs as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience
- Working knowledge of the e-commerce and business-to-business sales environment