The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing business and technical processes; documents business requirements; defines changes and assists in modifying them; and configures, tests and implements enterprise-wide business systems.
The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing business and technical processes; documents business requirements; defines changes and assists in modifying them; and configures, tests and implements enterprise-wide business systems. This role interviews business partners to define detailed business requirements; maps current processes to the desired state; identifies gaps, such as program functions, output requirements, input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and system techniques and controls. The Business Analyst coordinates with business and technology teams to provision and test business systems to ensure they meet requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define business needs by analyzing and documenting current business processes; includes research, planning, writing user cases and project overviews.
- Gather requirements from customers to identify desired support needs.
- Provide project management support as needed.
- Identify and propose solutions for work-flow inefficiencies and areas in need of improvement.
- Understand the system interactions across the associated business domain and identify when business requirements complement/conflict with one another.
- Facilitate meetings in the business area to review business processes and identify information system requirements and/or needs.
- Understand the various business entities, cross divisional relationships, and enterprise wide strategies.
- Communicate effectively with management to enhance understanding of the opportunities and limitations of information systems.
- Assist in data migration cleansing and validation
- Perform data analysis, identify problems/solutions and make recommendations.
- Analyze data for consistency, accuracy and quality
- Troubleshoot issues threatening data integrity.
- Develop and deliver super user training.
- Perform special projects and all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, other related field, or equivalent 5 years of industry work experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in an ERP system in Production Planning and/or Manufacturing and/or Demand Planning and/or Procurement.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model, preferred