Würth Service Supply is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Materials Team as a Business Analyst at its corporate office in Greenwood, IN.
The Würth Group is world market leader in its core business, the trade in assembly and fastening material. It currently consists of over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has 73,000 employees worldwide. The privately held Würth Group had a global sales of over €13.6 billion in 2018.
Würth Service Supply, Inc. (WSSI) is one of eleven sister companies of the Würth sub-group, Würth Industry of North America. We are widely recognized as a premier distributor, supplying CPS® C-Parts Solutions and leading edge engineering services. Our products include, but are not limited to, small parts and assembly materials for industrial, production and MRO needs, and technical-chemical products. We maintain 17 stocking facilities throughout the United States, each of which is a full service location maintaining sales, customer service and inventory. Our network of locations is interconnected through the latest inventory software, allowing for exceptional service and total inventory availability of over 420,000 line items.
Würth Service Supply is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Materials Team as a Business Analyst at its corporate office in Greenwood, IN. The Business Analyst will strategically and tactically manage data on materials for assigned branch locations while identifying and developing material suppliers that meet and/or exceed the Company’s long-term expectations regarding cost, delivery, quality, innovation, and continuous improvement.
The Business Analyst will report to the Director of Materials and be responsible to perform the following duties:
- Extract and review data from systems, analyze, help determine root causes with Team leads and assist in process and procedure development.
- Develop and modify Key Performance Reports (KPI’s) to help drive desired results
- Develop solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram; studying system capabilities; analyzing alternative solutions.
- Generate, publish and distribute standardized reporting metrics weekly to the Supply Chain team
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization in the ERP system.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the supplier base and the supplier population as a whole
- Pull, analyze, and load material purchasing parameters to right size the inventory
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics
- 2-5 years work experience as a business analyst or in related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel applications and ability to become proficient in Company software Epicor – P21, SAP and MRP expertise
- SQL Server
- Excel-VBA, PowerPivot preferred
- Excellent mathematical and analytical ability
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.