Inside Key Account Representative
Wurth Service Supply, Inc. is seeking an Inside Key Account Representative to be based out of our customer site, Coherent, in Santa Clara, CA. This person would maintain and strengthen customer accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction and company profitability. Our ideal candidate will have a good attitude and strong work ethic, in addition to exposure to fasteners, MRO products and sales.
This individual will work closely with the outside sales representatives upon securing customer contracts and/or orders. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from the Company’s top managers and sales people, and to grow a career within a dynamic industry.
On a daily basis, the Customer Service Representative will mainly be responsible for the following:
- Developing sales and profits through regular contact with current accounts and customer prospects;
- Supplying product information to customers and promoting sales;
- Reviewing customer requests and providing valid quotations;
- Processing customer orders;
- Promoting the customers’ use of proprietary vendor managed inventory program;
- Reviewing and adjusting purchase order pricing according to branch marginal goals;
- Reviewing and expediting open orders;
- Working with Quality Control department on approvals and rejected product;
- Coordinating the resolution of customer issues;
- Assisting in the draft and presentation of the “Continuous Improvement Review” with customers.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years’ experience in an industrial customer service role
- High attention to detail, e.g., in utilizing computer software, in self-monitoring the completion of daily tasks, and in customer follow-through
- Professional demeanor with both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and oral communication, e.g., in discussing part specifications with the customer
- Accountability in problem solving; initiative in resolving customer issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to become proficient in Company integrated database systems.
- Knowledge of industrial fastener standards is a plus.