Identify fasteners and related c-part items from customer blueprints, samples and/or specifications to source, quote and price items accurately, competitively, and profitably.
Identify fasteners and related c-part items from customer blueprints, samples and/or specifications to source, quote and price items accurately, competitively, and profitably. Ability to manage and expedite multiple quotes, build customer pricing proposals, create SAP articles and meet project deadlines are key.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand new quote opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition and any other area impacting quote content and strategy.
- Thoroughly inspect customer blueprints, samples, and/or specifications to accurately identify parts and prepare for quotation.
- Investigate discrepancies and inaccuracies of customer’s product samples and blueprints by working with Engineering and/or Outside Sales.
- Provide technical interpretation of customer bid specifications, including quality requirements.
- Develop sourcing and pricing strategy to address specific material/items in each quote request.
- Evaluate and control price add-ons to raw purchase cost such as secondary processing, freight costs, tooling and other costs.
- Develop relationships within the purchasing and sales departments to help streamline sales opportunities.
- Continually assess and build the quotation requirements for customer specific RFQs.
- Generate the sales quotes within the established guidelines in a timely manner and present them to Sales Management team.
- Manage the S-Tool process to assure articles are accurately created in a timely fashion.
- Use multiple sources including vendors and internet to source products.
- Review and influence final proposal in the quote submission process.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in purchasing and/or sourcing activities; quality or engineering background, and/or experience in a manufacturing environment are a plus.
- Basic technical knowledge of fasteners and related products.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with outside vendors and Company customers.
- Exemplary research and analytical skills.
- Professional communication and negotiation ability.
- Experience in dimensional verification and other test equipment/instruments.
- Proficient knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Products with Exceptional Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines.