National Sales Account Manager
The National Sales Account Manager is responsible for generating new business and increasing profitable sales by growing the customer base of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in an assigned geographic territory.
Würth Industry North America (WINA) is the trusted leader in inventory management & industrial distribution. We have more than 110 locations across the US, Canada, and Mexico, with 1,700 employees and 80,000+ customers. For us, it’s personal—we excel as the premier distributor of supply chain solutions, by providing local support backed by the world’s largest industrial distributor, the Würth Group. The Würth Group operates more than 400 companies in 80+ countries and employs approximately 80,000 associates worldwide.
The National Sales Account Manager is responsible for generating new business and increasing profitable sales by growing the customer base of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in an assigned geographic territory. This position seeks out and gains new customers by promoting the CPS brand through personal and network connections, by utilizing leverage letters to gain entry into new prospects, and closing sales by obtaining signed contractual agreements that support the profitability of the overall organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify potential prospects in assigned geographic area by researching manufacturing databases (i.e. Hoovers, Industry Directories, etc.) and networking within the industry.
- Maximize the use of the company’s leverage letter process, and aggressively pursue appointments with viable prospects within the assigned territory.
- Aggressively pursue additional sales prospects and opportunities to quote on OEM customer requirements, maximizing revenue growth across multiple WINA operating companies.
- Identify and qualify prospective customers, prioritize time and manage a long selling cycle (6-12 months).
- Develop and deliver personalized and professional presentations to decision-making personnel to secure multi-year partnership agreements, and provide insight and consultative solutions to customers.
- Obtain price quotes, credit terms, and prepare and deliver sales contracts for customers.
- Serve as key liaison to coordinate activities between customers and company departments to ensure successful project management and implementation of VMI systems.
- Maintain robust pipeline with consistent movement of prospects through the sales stages.
- Prepare reports of business transactions, current prospect opportunities and contractual information.
- Create contracts and exhibit documentation to present to customer for signatures.
- Prepare monthly customer status update report and present to senior management.
- Play an active role in the implementation of a new customers’ Vendor Managed Inventory program.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of the competitive environment and other market conditions.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Business related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial sales experience, with related products and/or related industry.
- Valid Driver’s license and approved driving record.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in Spanish or German, a plus.
- High standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and develop creative business solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Refined persuasion and related sales and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills, and formidable negotiating skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, blueprint or schedule form.
- Fluency and comfort with data analysis, graphs, statistics, percentages and ratios.
- Travel estimated 50% - 75%.