National Key Account Manager
The National Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various customer contacts, promoting company products and services, and growing current customer business.
Würth Industry North America (WINA) is the trusted leader in inventory management & industrial distribution. We have more than 110 locations across the US, Canada, and Mexico, with 1,700 employees and 80,000+ customers. For us, it’s personal—we excel as the premier distributor of supply chain solutions, by providing local support backed by the world’s largest industrial distributor, the Würth Group. The Würth Group operates more than 400 companies in 80+ countries and employs approximately 80,000 associates worldwide.
The National Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various customer contacts, promoting company products and services, and growing current customer business. This position represents the business enterprise and manages accounts serviced by multiple operating companies. This position also serves as the key point of contact between the customer and multiple internal department contacts within the operating companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic customer growth roadmap/plan with the focus on implementing new business awards and building customer dependences.
- Build and maintain relationships with contacts at different plants of key customer account(s) on behalf of multiple operating companies, both domestic and global.
- Drive activities of Key Account Managers within each operating company in a manner that increases brand awareness, product presence and revenue generation for all company products and services.
- Act as advocate within the business enterprise on behalf of strategic customers.
- Drive and maintain National Account Contracts that represent all of operating companies within the business enterprise.
- Assist in negotiating excess & obsolete inventory at a corporate level.
- Negotiate common pricing throughout all operating companies.
- Establish and maintain productive and professional relationships at the C-Suite level within the customers.
- Proactively lead a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Serve as key liaison to coordinate activities between the customer and all functional areas, including customer service, purchasing/sourcing, finance, engineering, logistics, and senior management.
- Aggressively pursue additional sales opportunities at a corporate level.
- Develop yearly sales and profitability budgets for Managing Directors.
- Play a major role in the project management of implementations improving VMI systems and Würth program changes at the customer(s).
- Proactively participate in contract renewals to ensure Würth retains customer business.
- Coordinate with the Key Account Manager(s) in presenting continuous improvement reviews to customers.
- Prepare monthly customer status update reports and present to Managing Directors across the business enterprise.
- Actively leads/participates in internal process improvement teams.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Business related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of industrial sales experience, with related products and/or related industry.
- Valid Driver’s license and approved driving record.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in Spanish or German, a plus.
- High standard of professionalism and ethics.
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and develop creative business solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Refined persuasion and related sales and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills, and formidable negotiating skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, blueprint or schedule form.
- Fluency and comfort with data analysis, graphs, statistics, percentages and ratios.
- Travel estimated 50% - 75%.