The Quality Inspector will work as part of the Quality group to support our customers, suppliers, and internal processes.
Würth Snider Bolt & Screw, Inc. is a full line fastener distributor that specializes in Inventory Management Programs predominantly in the OEM/Industrial market. Operating from our central office in Louisville, Kentucky, Wurth Snider has five branch offices throughout he mid-south. We have been solving fastener problems for our customers since 1975 and joined Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG in November of 1996, ranked as one of the world’s largest industrial distributors with sales in excess of $13 billion annually. We are a growing company with opportunities for career advancement. We are offering a position for a Quality Inspector based in Louisville, KY.
The Quality inspector will work as part of the Quality group to support our customers, suppliers, and internal processes. This individual will be responsible for inspecting incoming product from our vendors to ensure it meets customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect incoming parts.
- Determine if parts are in conformance with specifications.
- Collect samples for testing.
- Mark items for acceptance or rejection.
- Coordinate with Quality manager or Quality Engineer on parts not passing inspection.
Preferred Experience and Education
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Two plus years’ experience in quality inspection duties.
- Experience in fastener components desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in duties.
- Knowledge of quality standards..
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to convey information to colleagues through e-mail and to document processes and procedures.
- Organizational skills to ensure good time management and timely progression through projects.
- Ability to prioritize duties and manage work requests coming from various sources.
- Ability to use technology effectively such as using company e-mail, operating systems, and employee self-service.
- Sales and customer service (internal/external) focus.
- Understands big picture company goals and how they are supported by individual success.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Strong work ethic and drive for success.
- Strong orientation towards teamwork and flexibility towards changing business needs