Quality Inspector (Part Time)
Responsible for ensuring the company and customer quality needs and requirements are met through inspection and appraisal.
Responsible for ensuring the company and customer quality needs and requirements are met through inspection and appraisal. Support the quality department in meeting the goals and objectives of the quality system. Have an innovative approach to his or her work and will never shy away from offering frank observations and recommendations. This is a part time position with flexibility in scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completing inspections, PPAPs, ISIRs, and other specific inspections as directed by management
- Test products using calibrated equipment including digital caliper, digital micrometer, thread ring and plug gages, optical comparator, gage pins, etc.
- Ensure testing equipment is regularly calibrated and maintained as necessary
- Maintain test equipment calibration records and recall as necessary
- Maintain quality data/generate reports through SAP.
- Set-up/maintain inspection plans in SAP
- Perform quality/inspection support as needed at customer/user location
- Maintain conformance to Würth ISO-compliant Business Management System (BMS) and applicable standards
- Communicate with internal personnel, customers and/or suppliers as required to assist in resolving issues in timely manner
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Report problems or concerns to senior management immediately
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Business, Management or related discipline; or related AS degree with 2 years related experience or commensurate combination of education and experience
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings, specifications, inspection instructions, and customer requirements
- Experience using quality testing equipment preferred
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide accurately and efficiently; statistical knowledge preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including suppliers and customers
- Requires lifting ability of up to 65 pounds. Requires a lot of walking on a concrete surface.
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus (computer screen).
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and/or related quality systems standards preferred