Web Application Developer
The Web Application Developer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining internet/intranet applications for the company’s proprietary supply chain and logistics product..
The Web Application Developer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining internet/intranet applications for the company’s proprietary supply chain and logistics product. This position works in all phases of the software development life cycle; including engineering specifications, customer requirements gathering, and software design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define system objectives by analyzing user requirements, and envisioning system features and functionality.
• Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, determine design methodologies and tool sets, complete programming using languages and software products, and design and conduct tests.
• Contribute solutions and participate in the software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies.
• Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
• Work with IT support and other functions to resolve development and programming issues, resolve customer concerns, and resolve system bugs.
• Collaborate with other members of development and IT team in a decentralized organization to produce applications and innovative solutions that support the further growth of the business.
• Perform unit tests and adherence to agreed-upon production requirements as well as version control processes and methodologies.
• Provide timely updates on tasks, meet deadlines with high quality deliverables, and support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
• Identify and understand the scope of functionality and suggest development solutions with cost benefit and design options.
• Stay abreast of the most recent technical information, systems, programming languages, and functionality
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with MS TFS and MS Visual Studio
• Strong experience in .NET 4.6
• Exposure to .NET Core, SAP ERP, Odata, Web API, and/or WCF Services, a plus
• Knowledge of debugging tools such as Fiddler and Chrome Developer Tools, a plus
• Experience with Jquery based frameworks (Kendo-UI, Telerik, Dojo Toolkit), a plus