This position is responsible for managing and supporting buyer/planners and contract manufacturing planners for Würth Adams.
This position is responsible for managing and supporting buyer/planners and contract manufacturing planners for Würth Adams. The purchasing supervisor position works closely with the purchasing manager to ensure consistently high quality output of team members to meet internal and external customer needs as well as to develop and implement procedures to meet all quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Staff Management and Development
- Manage and mentor team members on daily activities in support of corporate and departmental objectives including continuous improvement and professional development initiatives.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide coaching / guidance to direct reports.
- Track key metrics including service degree, gross profit and inventory targets and guide employee performance to ensure necessary targets are satisfied.
- Provide team members with SAP training to maximize system efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in staffing and recruiting of new direct reports.
- Assist with daily purchasing requirements for all departmental functions as needed including placing orders, analyzing stocking strategies and managing inventory levels. This may include maintaining a regular purchasing workload.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Lead supplier performance initiatives to improve overall vendor accountabilities.
- Assist in negotiating short-term and long-term supplier agreements, including price, quality, lead-time, mode of shipment, and payment terms.
- Implement sourcing strategies developed by Commodity and Purchasing Managers to support corporate objectives and provide the company a competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services.
- Assist in developing strategies for assigned procurement area to include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, strategic importance, etc.
- Maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement in conjunction with WINA objectives. This may include travel to suppliers.
Process Improvement/System Management
- Assist with developing and directing programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation of the organization.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control various supply chain opportunities that deliver maximum value to the business.
- Ensure system-planning parameters are maintained per established processes, and recommend process improvements to improve efficiencies within SAP.
- Resolve customer or product quality issues and complaints by identifying root cause and ensuring appropriate actions are taken.
- Maintain courteous and productive relationships with all sales, management, customer service, office personnel and customers.
- Support product costing and analysis function as needed.
- Promote a positive teamwork environment between departments and among employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, distribution, logistics, materials management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive supply chain experience in a global manufacturing environment with proven track record.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- APICS or ISM certification highly desirable.
- High level of proficiency in MRP/ERP systems and MS-Office applications, including Excel. SAP experience with MM, PP, and subcontracting highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes.
- Action oriented with proven track record of achieving business goals.
- Strategic thinker; uses creative and innovative problem solving approach to achieve goals.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, effective business analysis, project management and quantitative skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency and well organized.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, and ensure timely completion of responsibilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel (~10%)