General Manager - Northeast
The General Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategy, managing daily operations, formulating policies, overseeing the business planning process, and delivering customer requirements for the operating company.
The General Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategy, managing daily operations, formulating policies, overseeing the business planning process, and delivering customer requirements for the operating company. This position drives profitability by managing costs, delivering requirements, ensuring positive customer relations, sustaining efficient operations, and devising and implementing continuous improvement initiatives throughout the business. This position oversees and provides leadership for finance, inside and outside sales, warehouse operations, quality, supply chain, logistics, information technology, compliance, engineering, and human resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearhead long-range goals and growth strategies, manage P&L results, and develop action plans to achieve business requirements.
- Implement strategies to drive profitability and improve delivery time.
- Establish company performance objectives, measure and review company performance against objectives, and establish company-wide policies and procedures.
- Guide the sales process to ensure profit margins, customer satisfaction, and growth.
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of Würth are put into practice.
- Lead the Company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives;
- Manage efficient inventory levels, drive productivity, and minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
- Oversee budgeting process and maintain budgets that reflect fiscal responsibility.
- Drive integrated Information Technology solutions, ensure quality, maintain regulatory compliance, oversee customer relations, and sustain a safe workplace.
- Direct daily operations to ensure on-time delivery, compliance, communications, and positive employee relations.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Act as chief spokesperson for the company in communicating with major customers, suppliers, competitors, and professional societies.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Build an internal talent pool by mentoring, coaching, and developing employees and leaders throughout the organization.
- B.S. Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or related field
- MS or MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years at a senior level in construction and/or distribution related industry
- Minimum 3 years of direct sales experience, preferred
- Knowledge of industrial distribution business processes
- Knowledge of and experience with Epicor Prophet 21 software, a plus
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluency in German, a plus
- High standard of professionalism and ethics
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and with written communications.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office products and ERP systems.
- Travel estimated at 25%- 50%
- Location: Valley Stream, NY
Würth Industry North America is a member of the Würth Group, a global distributor of assembly fastener components. Offering an extensive line of c-class components, inventory management solutions, safety products, MRO, production consumables and more, Würth Industry North America is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of OEMs in nearly every industry, especially: agricultural, oil and gas, construction, marine, heavy equipment, food, and lawn and garden. Würth brings innovation to the inventory management process.
As a privately owned company, Würth operates on the principles of mutual trust, honesty, reliability and fairness, both internally and externally. Würth is an organization oriented around growth and innovation. Candidates, who are looking for an organization who values its human capital, cultivates an entrepreneurial spirit, and rewards contributions, will find exciting career opportunities through employment at Würth.
To apply for this position, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code GM-WINA.
Würth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.