Strategic Sourcing Supervisor
Responsible for leading and continuous improvement of the new business product management, sourcing and quotations departments.
Responsible for leading and continuous improvement of the new business product management, sourcing and quotations departments. Specifically focused in development of personnel and reporting of KPI’s on a regular basis. This role will be in charge of supervising and maintaining constant development of processes across all new business activity including processing quote requests in a timely manner, while managing the overall sourcing process per customer specific requirements. This person will be managing a team which expedites multiple quotes, builds customer pricing proposals, onboards new customer bill of materials, and creates SAP articles to meet project deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand new quote opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, cost, risk, features, competition, and any other area impacting quote content and strategy.
- Develop relationships within the purchasing and sales departments to help streamline sales opportunities.
- Effectively manage Sales Pipeline across New Business Quote team to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Ensure effective dissemination of appropriate pre-sales information within the New Business Quote team.
- Manage Quotation Department to ensure accurate product identification, quotations, and appropriate suppliers have been utilized for sourcing
- Responsible for the development, mentoring, and supervision of all Quotation and Product Personnel.
- Develop sourcing and pricing strategy to address specific material/items in each quote request.
- Continually assess and build the quotation requirements for customer specific RFQs.
- Develop, streamline, and implement processes to improve the overall efficiency of the sourcing and quotation departments.
- Work closely with Sales Management to maximize opportunities and discuss critical feedback including implementing a quote follow-up strategy.
- Generate the customer proposals and present them to Sales Management team.
- Manage and train all appropriate personnel on the S-Tool process to ensure articles are accurately created in a timely fashion.
- Establish and provide win/loss reporting by RFQ and commodity on a regular basis.
- Work with Commodity Manager and Purchasing to execute commodity strategies utilizing strategic suppliers for proposals.
- Support Commodity Manager and Purchasing with resourcing and cost savings initiatives.
- Review and influence final proposal in the quote submission process.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the quote process.
- Support Product Mangers and Quotation Specialist following customer feedback.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required; major in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in high volume purchasing and/or sourcing activities; quality or engineering background, and/or experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Ability to define goals, seek information, and make recommendations with minimal supervision
- Computer skills: Advanced Excel, Working knowledge of other Microsoft Suite products including Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project skills and SharePoint a plus. Experience with Tier I ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with outside vendors and company customers
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience with effective management and team leadership skills.
- Exemplary research and analytical skills including experience in presenting data to management
- Professional communication and negotiation abilities
- Experience in dimensional verifications and other test equipment/instruments
- Ability to become proficient in company integrated database systems; MRP expertise
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Strong technical knowledge of fasteners and related products preferred but not required
- Occasional travel may be required, up to 20%.